Housekeeping and Caregiver/Respite Services
Warren LAH/BNP has part-time staff and uses volunteers to provide.
- An in-home assessments
- Support for family caregiver- respite care
- Identification of service needs
- Medication management
- Referrals to in-home nursing
- Friendly visits-check in calls
- Arrangement for transportation
- Light chores around the home
- In- home safety and nutrition assessments and support
- Exercise and Wellness classes
- Organizations and intergenerational projects
- Referrals to social and support services
- The program has contracts with Good Samaritan Society/Home Care and Altru Home Service to provide referrals to these agencies for their services.
- In home nursing assessments
- Provide skill nursing cares
- Personal care attendance care and light house keeping
Home Recycling Pick Up
Home Recycling Pick we are still searching for another organization to help with this. Will update.
- Most volunteers are your local neighbors and friends!
- Transportation for in and out of town travels.
- Assistance with shopping and errands.
- Small chores/home and lawn.
- Friendly visits/friendships.
- Respite Care for caregivers.
- Help with meals.
- Help with paperwork.
- Friendly visits/ daily check ins and Friendly phone calls
Put a smile on someone's' face and become a volunteer
No one Should go Hungry!
- Staff is available to evaluate and enlist those who qualify for NAPS (Nutrition Assistance Program for Seniors, Sponsored by the Minnesota Department of Health and North Country Food Bank, Inc.)
- Who qualifies for NAPS?
- Women and men sixty years of age or 0lder who are providing food for themselves.
- You must live in the State of Minnesota; you do not need to be a citizen of the U.S.
- Your household income must be within guidelines set by NAPS.
- Who qualifies for NAPS?
- The Warren LAH/BNP will deliver the commodity if you are unable to pick up them at the drop site
- Rides are available everyday to Senior Meals by trained LAH/BNP volunteers a Handicap accessible van is available. Call the volunteer dispatcher Leona at 745-4148 or the Warren LAH/BNP office 745-4005 to schedule your pick up.
- Health Assessments -periodically- Blood Pressure checks done at office daily
- Arthritis Management Classes - every Tuesday and Thursday at 10:30 am at Landmark Center 411 N 4th St
- Arthritis Foundation Aquatics classes and Senior Swim - offered during the summer months 6-7 pm- At the Holiday Pool in Warren
- Tia Ji Quan- Moving for Better Balance is a research-based balance training regimen designed for older adults and people with balance disorders. Classes Start April 11th and will continue until July . Tia Ji Quan leader Debbie Jacklitch-Kuiken. Classes are every Monday and Thursdays 6:30-7:30 at Good Samaritan Apartments . Cost is $2.00 per class slide-ins $3.00 per class.
- Rides in and out of town ( no cost for in town trips there is a fee for out of town trips to Grand Forks, Fargo ND, Thief River Falls, Crookston and other destination's) Supplements funds available for those who qualify
- Daily rides provided to Senior Meals and back home. Handicap Accessible
- Rides available in Alvarado and Oslo MN Call 745-4005